antipasto sandwich with lemon basil pesto
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ lb hot capicola
- ¼ lb prosciutto
- 1 cup marinated artichokes drained and quartered
- 1 roasted red pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes oil drained and chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella sliced
- ¼ lb provolone sliced
- 1 cup baby arugula
lay the bread cut side up on a clean work surface.
working with the top piece of the loaf, pull out some of the insides to create a space for the filling.
mix lemon zest into pesto
spread both cut sides of bread with pesto.
working with the bottom piece of bread, layer on the capicola, prosciutto, artichokes, red peppers, and sun-dried tomatoes.
lay the mozzarella slices over the veggies
then add the sliced provolone.
sprinkle the arugula over top.
add the top half of the ciabatta and gently push down on the sandwich.
wrap the sandwich tightly in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour or up to 1 day.
before serving, cut into 6-8 sandwiches.