blue ribbon BBQ chicken cheeseburgers take on the texture of a boneless chicken breast as they cook and are moist and delicious.
blue ribbon barbecue chicken cheeseburgers
- 8 thick-cut strips of bacon 1/2 pound
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- kosher salt freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices of aged cheddar cheese
- barbecue sauce for brushing
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns split and toasted
- thinly sliced red onion and tomato and shredded iceberg lettuce for serving
in a large cast-iron skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat, turning once, until browned and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes.
transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain and cut the strips in half.
pour off all but 2 tablespoons of fat from the skillet.
form the chicken into four 1/2-inch-thick patties and season generously with salt and pepper.
add the patties to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat until browned on the bottom, about 4 minutes.
flip the burgers and baste with bbq sauce, cook 3 minutes and turn and baste again
top with the cheese and crisp bacon and cook until the cheese is melted and the burgers are just cooked through, about 3 minutes more
top with the cheeseburgers, sliced onion, tomato and lettuce.
close the burgers and serve right away.