bucatini in a butter roasted tomato sauce roasted in the oven and makes a homemade sauce with little fuss.
bucatini with a butter roasted tomato sauce
- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 8 garlic cloves peeled, crushed
- 2 anchovy fillets packed in oil or 1 tbl anchovy paste
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes plus more for serving
- kosher salt freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces bucatini or spaghetti
- finely grated parmesan for serving
preheat oven to 425°f.
combine tomatoes (crushing them with your hands), garlic, anchovies, butter, and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes in a 13x9" baking dish; season with salt and black pepper.
roast, tossing halfway through, until garlic is very soft, and mixture is jammy, 35–40 minutes.
using a potato masher or fork, mash to break up garlic and tomatoes.
meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente.
drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid.
return pasta to pot and add tomato sauce and pasta cooking liquid.
cook over medium-high heat, tossing until sauce coats pasta, about 3 minutes.
serve topped with parmesan and more red pepper flakes.