bucatini with sausage and peppers
- 1 tbl olive oil
- 8 oz italian sausage , removed from casings
- 2 small onions , sliced (about 11/2 cups)
- 1 each - red , yellow and orange bell peppers, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole san marzano tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound bucatini
- 1/2 cup fresh italian parsley leaves , chopped
- 1/2 cup locatelli cheese
bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for pasta.
in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil.
add the sausage.
cook and crumble with a wooden spoon until the sausage is well browned, about 4 minutes.
reduce the heat to medium, add the onions & peppers and cook until soft, about 8 minutes.
add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
pour in the wine and reduce, about 2 minutes.
add the tomatoes and 1 cup water rinsed in the can.
stir in the italian seasoning and season with salt & pepper and red pepper flakes.
adjust the heat to low and simmer while the pasta cooks.
when the pasta is done, remove it with tongs and add directly to the sauce.
add the parsley.
toss to coat the pasta in the sauce.
remove the skillet from the heat, sprinkle with the locatelli, toss, and serve.