butternut squash cacio e pepe is a gluten free alternative to the pasta version. you can use butternut squash noodles too.
butternut squash cacio e pepe
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ½ medium butternut squash peeled, seeded, thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 lb sweet loose italian sausage casings removed, torn into small pieces
- 3 ounces parmesan finely crumbled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
preheat oven to 400°.
mix garlic and butter in a large bowl until garlic is evenly distributed.
add squash, sausage, cheese, salt, and pepper and toss until squash is evenly coated in garlic-butter mixture.
scrape into a medium heatproof skillet, cover tightly with foil, and bake 20 minutes.
remove foil and continue to bake until squash is tender and lightly browned around the edges, 20 minutes more.