cajun shrimp and rice can be made with any type of shrimp, with or without the shells. the hardest part of this recipe is dicing the tomatoes and slicing the scallions.
cajun shrimp and rice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1- pound large shrimp peeled and deveined, tails intact
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes chopped
- 2 bunches scallions chopped
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- lemon wedges for serving (optional)
heat the butter, olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
add the cajun seasoning and shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp begin to curl, about 1 minute.
season with salt and pepper.
add the tomatoes and scallions to the skillet and cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
add the rice and 1/4 cup water and continue to cook until the rice is warmed through and the shrimp are opaque, about 3 more minutes.
stir in the parsley and serve with lemon.