chicken chow mein
- 12 oz. refrigerated chow mein noodles or ramen noodles spice pack thrown away
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1" pieces
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 package coleslaw mix
- 1/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- thinly sliced green onions for garnish
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
cook chow mein noodles according to package instructions and drain.
in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
season chicken with salt and pepper.
add chicken and cook until golden and crispy, 7 to 8 minutes.
move chicken to one side of skillet, and to other side, add garlic, ginger and coleslaw mix and cook until tender, 3 minutes.
in a medium bowl, whisk together broth, soy sauce, and oyster sauce.
pour sauce over skillet and add cooked noodles, tossing to combine.
garnish with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.