chicken quesadilla pie can be customized with any fillings you like
chicken quesadilla pie
- 1 10- ounce can green or red enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 8- inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups 8 ounces grated monterey jack, plus 1/4 cup for the top
- 1 3 1/2- to 4- pound rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
heat oven to 400° f.
in a small bowl, combine the enchilada sauce and cream.
spoon ¼ cup of the mixture into a shallow 2-quart casserole.
top with 1 tortilla and a third each of the cheese, chicken, onion, and pepper.
repeat twice to form a total of 3 layers.
top with the remaining tortilla, sauce mixture, and cheese.
cover loosely with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
uncover and bake for 5 minutes more.
slice into wedges and serve with the salsa, avocado, and cilantro.