chicken saltimbocca with marinated tomatoes and burrata
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally (or 4 chicken cutlets)
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus more for cooking
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 balls burrata cheese torn
place the eggs and panko in separate shallow bowls.
rub the chicken with garlic and season with salt and pepper.
working with 1 cutlet at a time, press 2 basil leaves on top of each cutlet.
wrap 2 pieces of prosciutto around each cutlet to secure the basil.
dredge both sides of the chicken through the egg and then through the panko, pressing gently to adhere.
place the chicken on a plate.
to make the marinated tomatoes. in a bowl, toss together the tomatoes, 3 tablespoons olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, 1/2 cup fresh basil, the thyme, lemon zest, and a pinch of salt.
heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
when the oil shimmers, add the chicken and cook until the bottom side is golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
carefully flip the chicken and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 3-4 minutes.
transfer to a plate and season with salt.
serve the chicken warm topped with torn burrata and marinated tomatoes