Chipotle chicken chili is my first recipe I entered on my website and it is one of my favorite thing to make in the winter. It has no video to go with it because I didn't take one with this recipe. I'll have to make t soon and take a video to post.
chipotle chicken chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts cut into1/2 in. dice
- one 12-ounce bottle mexican beer
- 1/4 cup masa harina
- one 14-ounce can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- one 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- one box frozen corn
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sharp cheddar grated
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 3 limes 1 juiced, 2 cut into wedges
heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
add the garlic and onions and cook for a few minutes until the onions soften.
add the chicken and cook until lightly browned.
add three quarters of the beer, reserving the rest, then cook for a couple of minutes to reduce.
add the beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, cumin, salt and chipotles and stir to combine.
bring to a simmer, then cover the pot and cook for 1 hour.
combine the masa harina with the rest of the beer and stir to make a paste.
add this into the chili, along with the lime juice.
stir and cook until thick, 10 more minutes.
serve with the grated cheese, sour cream, cilantro and lime wedges for squeezing