garlic chicken pesto pasta
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 chicken breasts sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons garlic chopped
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon black pepper freshly ground
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pesto
- ½ box penne pasta cooked and drained
- ¾ cup cherry tomato halved
- parmesan cheese to garnish
- fresh basil chopped, to garnish
heat the oil in a pan over high heat.
season the chicken with garlic, salt, and pepper.
cook until chicken is browned.
mix in the heavy cream, parmesan, and pesto, stirring until evenly combined.
bring to a boil and cook until the sauce has reduced, about five to seven minutes.
toss in the pasta and cherry tomatoes, stirring until evenly coated. remove from heat.
to serve, sprinkle parmesan cheese and basil on top