one pot chicken parmesan pasta
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium yellow onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 16 oz dried short-cut pasta
- 24 oz jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- water to fill empty marinara sauce jar
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- additional dried italian seasoning optional
- fresh parsley and/or basil minced for garnish
to a large pot or skillet add a drizzle of olive oil and heat over med-high heat.
add chicken, season with salt, pepper, italian seasoning and garlic powder.
cook about 5 minutes, until chicken is most of the way cooked through.
remove to a plate.
add onion and garlic to the pot and cook about 2-3 minutes, until soft.
pour in marinara sauce, fill up empty sauce jar with water and add to the pot.
bring to a boil, then reduce to a strong simmer.
add chicken and pasta, stir, then cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, until pasta is cooked to your liking.
stir in parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese on top of the dish and cook another 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted and gooey.
sprinkle with additional italian seasoning if desired, and garnish with parsley or basil.