oven baked chicken fingers get their crunch from panko bread crumbs
oven baked chicken fingers with honey mustard dipping sauce
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken cutlets
- 1 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. italian seasoning
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 c. whole-grain dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 6 c. mixed greens
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
preheat oven to 425° and line a baking sheet with foil.
cut chicken cutlets into 1 1/2" strips.
in a shallow dish, combine panko, lemon zest, and italian seasoning; season generously with salt and pepper.
dip chicken strips one by one in eggs, then in bread crumb mixture, pressing lightly to make sure crumbs adhere.
transfer strips to prepared baking sheet.
bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
heat broiler, then cook until crisp, 1 to 2 minutes.
in a small bowl, whisk together mustard and honey.
in a large bowl, toss mixed greens with lemon juice and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
serve chicken fingers with dipping sauce and salad.