use any vegetables you have or like to make this quick and delicious pasta primavera.
- 3 carrots peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 medium zucchini or 1 large zucchini cut into thin strips
- 2 yellow squash cut into thin strips
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 15 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 lb farfalle bowtie pasta
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
preheat the oven to 450 degrees
on a large heavy baking sheet, toss all of the vegetables with the oil, salt, pepper, and dried herbs to coat.
transfer half of the vegetable mixture to another heavy large baking sheet and arrange evenly over the baking sheets.
bake until the carrots are tender and the vegetables begin to brown, stirring after the first 10 minutes, about 20 minutes’ total.
meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
toss the pasta with the vegetable mixtures in a large bowl to combine
add enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten.
season the pasta with salt and pepper, to taste.
sprinkle with the parmesan and serve immediately.