pasta with artichokes and pancetta
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 1 can artichoke hearts drained
- 8 ounces short tubular or corkscrew-shaped pasta
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil more as needed
- 6 ounces pancetta diced
- 1 large leek halved and thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper more for serving
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- ¼ cup parsley or mint leaves chopped
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese more for serving
- fresh lemon juice for serving
bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil, then cook pasta according to package directions.
reserve 1 cup pasta water, then drain.
meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
stir in pancetta and cook until browned and crispy, stirring occasionally, 8 to 12 minutes.
use a slotted spoon to transfer pancetta to a paper towel-lined plate; leave fat in pan.
drain the artichokes, shaking them well to remove excess water.
raise heat under pan to medium-high, and stir in artichokes, leeks, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and cook until golden brown and tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
reduce heat to low, and stir in wine, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of skillet.
stir in cooked pasta, pancetta, chives and parsley.
if the mixture seems dry, add pasta water, a little at a time.
stir in more salt to taste, parmesan and lemon juice to taste.
transfer to serving plates and top with a drizzle of oil, more black pepper, and more grated cheese
i used these items to make this dish:
ffiliate links, which pays me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! thank you for supporting www.aisle3nj.com