pasta with tomatoes and mozzarella
- 1 garlic clove , halved
- 1 package assorted small tomatoes
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella , cut or torn into 1/2" pieces or small balls cut in 1/2
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt , freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb medium shell-shaped or other short pasta
rub the inside of a medium bowl with garlic; discard garlic.
combine tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and oil in bowl.
season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
let tomato mixture sit 15 minutes to let flavors meld.
cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente; drain.
add pasta to tomato mixture and toss to combine.