pasta with a white sausage sauce is a twist on the red sauce version
pasta with white sausage sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ pound sweet or hot italian sausage if using link sausage, remove it from the casing
- ½ cup water white wine or red wine
- ½ pound cut pasta like ziti
- ½ cup or more freshly grated parmesan
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.
put the butter in a medium skillet over medium-low heat.
as it melts, crumble the sausage meat into it, making the bits quite small, 1/2 inch or less.
add the liquid and adjust the heat so that the mixture simmers gently.
cook the pasta until it is tender but not at all mushy.
reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
drain the pasta, and dress with the sauce, adding a little of the reserved cooking liquid if necessary.
toss with salt, pepper and parmesan, and serve.