roasted pasta primavera
- 3 carrots peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 small container cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried italian seasoning
- crushed red pepper
- 12 oz farfalle bowtie pasta
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
preheat the oven to 450 degrees f.
toss all of the vegetables with the garlic, oil, salt, pepper, italian seasoning and crushed red pepper in a 9 x 13 in baking dish to coat.
bake until the carrots are tender, and the vegetables begin to brown, stirring after the first 10 minutes, about 20 minutes total.
meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
toss the pasta with the vegetable mixtures in a large bowl to combine.
toss with enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten.
season the pasta with salt and pepper, to taste.
sprinkle with the parmesan and serve immediately.