roman sausage sandwiches
- 1 small yellow onion , julienned
- 1 red bell pepper , julienned
- 1 green bell pepper , julienned
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 links raw spicy italian sausage , skin sliced lengthwise and sausage removed from casings in 1 piece
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
in a large skillet or flat griddle over medium-high heat, saute the onions and peppers in butter for several minutes until softened.
place sausages on the griddle or in the skillet next to the peppers and onions.
flatten slightly to the length of your hoagie roll.
cook sausages for approximately 4 minutes per side or until cooked thru
place half of the peppers and onions on top of 2 sausage links placed side by side and top with 3 slices of provolone cheese.
repeat for each sandwich.
wait for cheese to slightly melt.
pick up sausage and peppers from underneath with a metal spatula and place in hoagie roll.
season with salt and pepper and serve with a side of warm marinara sauce.