sheet pan sausage parmesan with garlicky broccoli is gluten free when you don't serve it with pasta. But we all know the pasta is the best part
sheet pan sausage parmesan with garlicky broccoli
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 small bunch broccoli about 12 ounces, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil more as needed
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ pounds hot or sweet italian sausage pricked all over with a fork
- ⅓ cup ricotta
- 3 cloves garlic 2 thinly sliced, 1 finely grated or minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- chopped basil or parsley for serving
- italian bread for serving (optional)
heat oven to 450 degrees.
arrange sausage in a single layer on a quarter-size rimmed baking sheet or in a 9-by-13-inch roasting pan, and roast until golden on the bottom, about 15 minutes.
toss broccoli with oil, red pepper flakes and salt on a quarter-size rimmed baking sheet (or use a regular sized rimmed baking sheet), and place in oven.
After you flip the sausages over so browned sides are on top.
when you flip the sausages, remove broccoli from oven and toss with sliced garlic. (reserve grated garlic for later.)
drizzle broccoli with a little more oil.
return pan to oven and continue to roast broccoli and sausages until sausages are cooked through and broccoli is tender and browned, about 5 minutes longer.
meanwhile, mix ricotta with grated garlic.
top sausage with tomato sauce and dollops of ricotta, then drizzle with olive oil and grind pepper generously over top.
sprinkle on mozzarella and parmesan.
bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, and the garlic is opaque, 3 to 5 minutes.
serve sausages, sauce and cheeses with broccoli on the side.