shrimp oreganato combines cheese and seafood, which is usually taboo, but works in this dish
- 1 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- kosher salt
- 1 + ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 lb shrimp cleaned with tails on
- ½ cup italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter cut into little pieces
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
preheat the oven to 375 degrees f.
pour the oil into an 8x8-inch baking or casserole pan.
stir in the garlic and a couple dashes of salt.
bake 10 - 15 minutes until the garlic is fragrant and just starting to turn a little golden around the edges but not browned.
remove from the oven and stir in the oregano and (optional) red pepper flakes.
place the shrimp in the oil so it is evenly spread out.
sprinkle the breadcrumbs and parmesan over the top.
dot all over with the butter.
bake 15 - 20 minutes or until the shrimp are curled and the breadcrumbs are light golden brown.
sprinkle the top with parsley.
serve with crusty bread or cooked pasta or both.