springtime spaghetti carbonara
- 3 slices bacon cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1- pound spaghetti
- 1 bunch asparagus sliced diagonally 1/8-inch thick (1 cup)
- 10 fresh basil leaves sliced thin
- 5 eggs whisked, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese plus extra for garnish (2 ounces)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
whisk together the eggs, milk and cheese.
bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta
while the pasta cooks, heat a sauté pan over medium heat and add the bacon, cooking for about 5 minutes, until crispy.
add the garlic and saute 1 minute
add the asparagus to the bacon, season with salt and pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes more.
add the pasta to the bacon and asparagus, toss to coat and remove from heat
add the cheese and egg mixture and toss to coat
serve with extra cheese