teriyaki chicken with sesame ginger broccoli
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce 1/3 cup honey 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger or 2 cubes Dorot ginger 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated or 2 cubes Dorot garlic 1 fresno chili pepper, seeded and diced or 2 cubes Dorot chili 1/4 cup sesame oil 4 boneless chicken breast or thighs 1 small container of pineapple, cut into chunks broccoli or broccolini, cut into florets 2 tablespoons sesame seeds kosher salt and pepper lime wedges, cilantro, and rice, for servingPrint
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger or 2 cubes Dorot ginger
- 2 cloves garlic , minced or grated or 2 cubes Dorot garlic
- 1 fresno chili pepper , seeded and diced or 2 cubes Dorot chili
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 4 boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 small container of pineapple , cut into chunks
- broccoli or broccolini , cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- kosher salt and pepper
- lime wedges , cilantro, and rice, for serving
preheat the oven to 425 degrees
in a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, 1 tablespoon of the ginger, garlic, and fresno pepper.
heat a large, oven safe skillet over medium high heat. add 2 tablespoons oil.
when the oil shimmers, add the chicken and sear on both sides until lightly golden, about 2-3 minutes. Cook in batches if necessary and put the chicken back in.
add the sauce and bring to a boil. cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
remove from heat and add the pineapple.
toss the broccoli with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1 tablespoon ginger, sesame seeds, salt and pepper.
add the broccoli to the skillet with the chicken, transfer to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the broccoli lightly charred.
serve the chicken, pineapple and broccoli over a bed of rice with limes and cilantro